Making Exception Alerts Fit in Your Ops Workflow
Honeybadger was one of the first to let you send exception notifications to services like Slack, Github Issues and PagerDuty.
Based on customer feedback, we've doubled down - launching a suite of features that gives you incredible control over how you integrate exception monitoring into your toolchain. Now you can:
- Route high priority alerts to specific chat rooms
- Notify your on-call team when specific errors spike in frequency
- Temporarily silence alerts when the $%^& hits the fan and you're focused on fixing the problem
- Route alerts to different teams based on where they occurred in your app, or on which servers.
To see this in action, check out our new video below. It's only a few minutes long, but it will revolutionize the way that your team works with error alerts.
Here are a few highlights from the video, in case you don't have your headphones handy. :)
You get to choose exactly which events result in a notification or ticket being created:
Escalations let you receive extra notifications when your error rate goes above a number you've configured.
Lets you protect yourself from floods of notifications when everything goes wrong at once.
With filters you can be hyper-precise about which errors trigger notifications or issue creation. You could
- Send alerts to a special chatroom if an error is caused by your CEO
- Create issues in separate trackers for staging, preprod and production
- Route notifications to a certain team's inbox whenever an error assigned to that team reoccurs.
You can ignore environments. We auto-populate the list based on environments we've seen in your app.